I suddenly realized that this year my theme has been Embrace Change. My office moved, my son was diagnosed with major food allergies which required a whole new way of eating, we decided to homeschool our boys and my business focus is in transition to accommodate our new lifestyle. I have to admit there have been times during this year where I have felt paralyzed by the enormity of the changes. Any one change is enough to add stress, yet I had many major changes.
So what have I learned, hmm. I have learned
- it is okay to grieve what was,
- it is okay feel afraid,
- it is okay to ask for help,
- it is okay to fall apart for a little while,
- it is okay to take your time to heal,
- it is okay to take your time to work through the changes, and
- I don't have to have all the answers today. I make one decision at a time and then I look for the next right thing to do.
It has been an interesting journey, and one I could not have done without the help of my family, friends, coaches, business associates and most of all my God who has given me strength and a peace that surpasses all understanding during a time when I needed some peace. Here is a great quote that helps keep me on track when change hits me in the face. I hope it encourages you.
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson