Thursday, July 16, 2009

What to eat?

It is official, David is intolerant to whey and gluten. Argh!!! At first this seemed overwhelming. That lasted about 10 mins. Then I looked at the cost vs benefits and realized it is what it is and we will get through it. Now I am on a mission to have fun, find great food and somehow maintain a food budget that does not require me mortgaging my house to feed my family. Wish me luck.

Just an update, David has been milk free for three weeks and gluten free for four days. He is doing great. He focuses on what he can have not what he can't. We shop together and he gets excited each time we find something he can eat. Today we found oreo type cookies and pretzels. I am not sure it is wishful thinking or really happening, but I think he seems calmer and the circles under his eyes are almost gone. I think it is working. Yeah!!

No comments: