Thursday, February 05, 2009

Perspective - Sometimes It's Good To Keep It

I had a really bad day this week. I have to admit there were moments when I could have walked out of my home, gotten in my car and driven until I ran out of gas and started a new life there. I remember crying that night and praying for God's Grace. It was a day I just wished had never happened or I could do over. Then I went to sleep. I woke up the next day and I felt like a different person. My kids acted like different kids. I am not sure what happened.

Then I realized that kids are kids, they have good days and some not so good days. After all they stayed up for the Super Bowl for the first time in their life and had to get up early for school the next day. It has taken them a week to recover from that. As for me, well I am a living, breathing, walking hormone. It's nice to be able to have this perspective today.

I guess my point is that no matter how bad the day is going, it will get better. Life is a series of ups and downs. The key is to learn to ride the waves, gracefully if you can.

No comments: