Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Growing Up is Hard to Do

It's been an interesting summer to say the least. Now we are heading into fall. The evenings are getting cool and the kids are back in school. It is amazing what a difference a season can make. As I reflect back on this past summer, I am struck by some very distinct memories.

  • Waking up without an alarm clock, who needs one, I have two boys wake me up.
  • Working in spurts, in between camps and errands.
  • The Olympics - Wow! My boys are hooked. My oldest son says he's mini-Michael Phelps.
  • Camping with friends, the best.

As I reflect back and try to focus on the joys, I realize that seasons are only for a short time. In no time it will be winter again, with snow and ice & skiing and hockey. What's my point?

I also had some emotional struggles with the summer. What I was not getting done because I could not work as much? Now that the boys are back in school, and I am back to business I realize it was only 10 weeks. I will always have time to work, but my boys will only be this age right now.

Enjoy your seasons.

No comments: