Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Time & The Living is Easy

Who ever wrote that song was not a mom. Argh!! I love the song, but it's not been my experience. Being a mom and business owner brings on different challenges. I find it hard to think with out the space I am used to during the school year. I guess I feel sad that it is not enough for me to be a mom without the business. I love my boys, but the truth is, I am a more complete person when I have space to breath, be more than mom and flex some other muscles.

Today my friend prayed with me over the phone. I was feeling particularly overwhelmed by some challenges. It was so great to be able to share with her in the moment where I was. She is a fellow business owner, Christian and mom. She's walked in my shoes. For a moment I was very honest and open, and she took that and ran with it. I asked her to pray for me as I try to get through my feelings and she stopped everything she was doing to pray with me right then and there. Now I have to be honest, I don't want to sound like a whiner. I know life could be worse. Yet, in the moment, I knew I needed to be honest and ask for help. That was hard for me to do. I have been taught to buck up and deal with it. I am, but I still have strong feelings about what bucking up and and dealing with it feels like.

When life comes at you fast, take a moment and share how you are feeling. Ask for help if you need it. I can tell you from personal experience, it feels good to share your burdens.

1 comment:

BEK said...

I hope you are feeling more at peace tonight. Remember that life can be a bowl of cherries but that most certainly means there will always be pits. :) Cyah tomorrow. *peace be with you*