Friday, August 31, 2007

Collective Sigh

Can you hear it? It's a collective sigh of relief. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, and we had a great summer. Many awesome things happened including:
  • My boys learned to swim and become passionate about it.
  • We took a week in Florida with stops in North Carolina and many stops along the East Coast.
  • We went to New York for a week and had a great time there.
  • We went camping and fell in love with our tent and the great outdoors.
  • We read lots of books.
  • David learned to ride on two wheels (bike).
  • Tom learned to ride a skate board and roller blades.
All in all it was a great summer. There were a few days when I asked "Is it September yet?" And of course I had to adjust my life. For me it was not business as usual, in fact it was not business at all. That was okay with me, that is why I am an entrepreneur. I need the flexibility to be home with the boys.

And as the days drew closer to the first day of school, the excitement built. Even though I hadn't used an alarm clock all summer, it did not disturb me as it went off. The kids were up, bright and early and raring to go. There were no meltdowns and bed time was a breeze for the boys were wiped out. I was able to quickly fill my calendar with client appointment and take a few minutes to drink a cup of coffee while it is still warm.

As we usher in fall and say goodbye to our summer, I enjoy the memories and look forward to a great year.

No comments: