Friday, May 18, 2007

What's a girl to do?

Have you ever felt so powerless you feel like pulling your hair out. That is how I feel today. I have people in my life that are struggling with things, and I cannot fix it for them. I am a fixer by nature, so it is hard for me to just sit back and just be there for them.

The part that is so frustrating is that when people get in this place, they become paralyzed by the enormity of the situation and their own feelings of powerlessness. So they end up walking in circles, talking to themselves, picking things up and putting them down, moving from one room and forgetting why they went their in the first place and not sleeping, just to name a few. I want to use my magic wand to fix it and then I realize that is only on TV. I don't have a magic wand so all I can do is listen and be supportive, perhaps every now and then offer a voice of reason. It's not easy.

There is one thing I can do, and I do that every night, pray.

No comments: