Monday, July 17, 2006

A 24-hour Vacation

Have you ever gone away -- overnight, and felt so relaxed it felt like you had been on a real vacation. Well, if not, you need to try it. We just came home after spending only 24-hours away and we felt thoroughly rejuvenated. We went camping with friends my husband has known since high school. Our kids played and we sat by the fire and talked. We ate, rested, swam in the creek, rode bikes, helped build a gazebo, slept in a tent and sat by the campfire. It was pure heaven.

The phone never rang, there was no TV, no running water, no electricity and no real amenities. Honestly, I did not miss them. Although I will admit that I took a shower as soon as I got home. And the mosquito's were out and seemed to have me as their favorite choice of food. But even with that, I had a great time. I recommend a one day mini-vacation. It does wonders.

No comments: