Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What was I thinking????

This year I made a commitment to myself to take care of Lia. With this in mind, I thought it would be nice to have my nails done. After all I need to look professional for what I do and it is nice to have my hands look like that of a woman and not that of a child.

I must say I felt quite self-indulgent. And I also was surprised how hard it was to just sit there for the hour and a half it took to get them done. Hmm, something I need to work on. Then the reality set in. Have you ever tried to open you pants with sticks hanging off your nails. Well that is what it felt like. My youngest saw my hands and said "mom, don't poke me." I never expected to inflict fear on my children. And just sitting here typing is making me wonder, "what was I thinking?"

I must say in all fairness that I am going to try to stick this out. I believe in time I will get used to them and appreciate them. Wish me luck.

No comments: