Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving Week Already?????

How did that happen? Ever since the kids came, the days just seem to fly by. It seems like we were just putting the tree out from last Christmas and here it is already Thanksgiving. I am of course thinking of what I am thankful for and my thoughts wonder to my boys school. As I mentioned before, Tom was hit by a boy in his class. This poor little guy was then suspended in 1st Grade. What does this have to do with gratitude? The school, the school family and how they handled this still amazes me. Tom never skipped a beat. He could have been pretty upset and quite honestly concerned about returning to the school. Instead, because of the grace and love with which the school handled this, he feels safe and loved. They are working on a plan to help their classmate return to school and are hoping that he will become a part of the solution. They are teaching the children how to help him with that. Amazing!! I could not ask for more. What a teachable moment for everyone.

No comments: