Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, My Day of Reflection

It seems to have worked out that Monday is my day off. Although I am never really off, I choose not to schedule appointments, and I try to be available to handle things that have fallen to the way side. I also use this day for a long shower and reflection. Hmm, I love long showers.

When I think back over the weekend I feel content. It was busy, yet rewarding. There were several highlights:

  • An impromptu play date for my boys with some kids they love at the local tumble spot. That allowed their mom and I to sit, relax and catch up. We are both busy, and as providence would have it, her youngest slept for two glorious hours while we solve the world's problems and our boys conquered new territories. All in all, it was a great afternoon. A side benefit was we were out of my husband's way. He really needed to work on his sister's car, and we tend to distract him.

  • Sunday was church. I woke up with a headache that was not letting up and looking for an excuse to stay home. I was scheduled to work with the two-year olds. I was all set to call in when my 3-year old said "Mom, look God healed my boo boo." So with Advil in tow, I was off to church. It turned out to be great morning.

  • That afternoon our school was having an open house, and of course, I agreed to help out. It was a gorgeous day outside. I did not think it would be busy so I would be home quickly. Well, let me tell you, they were lined up out side the doors. It was great to be there. I was able to share what the school has done for me and my boys. I cannot imagine them going anywhere else. The school appreciated my help and it was good to remember what it felt like when we were first trying to make a decision on school

  • The evening was relaxing. It consisted of reruns of Good Eats, ice cream and a little paper work for the Parent's Association.

It was a great weekend, and I feel blessed to be able to share. For me I see the balance really taking hold in my life. The calculated decision to be careful about what obligations I choose and then do them when I say I will. The ability to be present with my family. The ability to be present when I am not with my family. I really see it all coming together. I feel like I am growing up. Or as Hannibal used to say in the A-Team "I love it when a plan comes together."

No comments: