Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Independence Day

It has been a while since I blogged. What have I been up to? Well, I have been helping my husband with his fireworks stand. Every year he takes a week off and sets up a stand and sells fireworks. Fireworks are his passion. He's loved them since he was a boy. I must admit that it was a challenge to do this. It was 12 days from home. The days were long and hot. My kids were great. We brought toys and packed snacks and food. We ate a lot at a pizza shop that was behind us. My kids think the chef is the best. My youngest enjoyed potty training this week and we made great progress (I guess it is cool to use a bathroom at the restaurant) plus it didn't hurt that he got party poppers every time he performed.

Here's the best part. Although this was challenging to do, and I might add exhausting, it sparked a light in Jim's dream pilot. He felt, once again, the exhilaration of being in business for himself and realized that it was what he enjoyed. He said he didn't mind the long hours and hard work. He was able to work for himself and spend time with us. He hopes to someday find a business that can help him achieve that sense of independence. I plan on helping him. It was nice to see him feel good for one week.

No comments: