Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's Starting To Get Exciting

Although I have anxiety over the summer, I am excited. Yesterday, Tom's backpack was filled with class projects that he gets to keep. It is clear the teacher is transitioning the children for the end of a great year. As we plan for the summer, she needs to start letting go.

As I think about it, I realize that she has grown to love our little ones and will miss them, warts and all. For her she must feel a great sense of accomplishment as she has seen my little guy go from a boy who seemed somewhat tentative and insecure to a boy who is clearly coming into his own. He is much more confident and willing to try new things, feels like he is in a place where it is safe to make mistakes and a place where he can be himself. And that is just my little fella, imagine that times 9. What a great sense of pride she must have.

His teacher also knows that she will see some of these kids in the hall next year, as some have decided to stay with the school. She knows no matter where she is in the school, when one of her little protege's sees her they will come running to give her a hug and tell her all about their day. His teacher also knows that next year is a new year with a new batch of little ones that she will touch and help mold into clear thinkers, problem solvers and loving children.

We have been blessed with Mrs. Rambeau this year, and I know my kids have been placed where they were supposed to be. Next it's number two, David. He will get his chance in two years. I cannot wait for another year with Mrs. Rambeau.

No comments: