Thursday, May 19, 2005

Even a Street Smart Mom Can Have a Off Day

It started like any other day until I found a message on my cell phone at 7:52am (never good news that early in the morning) that my baby sitter could not make it because she had things to do. As I stressed about what to do, I had to get the boys to school and get to my 9:15 meeting. The good news is I was able to separate that event and have a great meeting. I got some good feedback and the rest of my group did as well.

The bad news is that even with lots of calls and prayers, I was not able to solve my babysitting crisis. So I did the next best thing, I put David down for a nap and turned it into a phone meeting. The person I was meeting with did not appreciate the change and was polite at the meeting, but it was clear that this was not a good thing.

The truth is this is what I face on a regular basis. What do I do? I don't have answers, just more questions. For now I am trying to maintain my focus and remember that my son is safe upstairs sleeping and I had the meeting, albeit not under the best of circumstances. So tomorrow is another day. I hope tomorrow goes better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have a very open conversation with your associate.

Bring up the challenges you're having with the kids, the babysitter situation, whatever that may be...

Otherwise, it'll always be between you, and he'll never understand, thinking you're just not taking this business seriously.

Life happens, kids get sick, babysitters don't show up, weather doesn't allow a road trip, etc.

As long as he understands that your kids #1, your husband is #2, and business is #3, AND you're still producing...

You're good!

Lia said...

Thanks for the feedback. My husband had the same feedback. Specifically, make sure my associate and I are on the same page regarding my limitations and his expectations. Great minds must think a like.