Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My Why is as Important as my What!!!

So why am I doing this anyway? Why am I running a business, and streching out of my comfort zone. I only have two words for that - Thomas and David. They are my pride and joy.

- So when I don't make a sale, I think of them.
- When I feel overwhelmed, I think of them.
- When I feel like I don't want to get out of bed, I think of them.

They are my First Things First and the rest just falls into place. So when I am faced with decisions about activites or things that need to get done, I have a point of reference. I ask myself, does this make sense in my life right now. Is this going to fit into my life right now. Will I be a better mom to the boys. Will it enrich our lives. The answer must be yes, or I say no.

So once you know your why, the rest all falls into place.

2 comments:

Milana Leshinsky said...

Great post, Lia!

Whenever I feel low, or experience a drop in my business, I, too, think of my children.

The main reason I decided to stay home was to be with my 1-year old (now 5) daughter.

I remember thinking, I don't care what happens! So we'll move to an apartment, and won't have two cars. I desperately wanted to stay home with her, and enjoy her...especially since I knew she was probably my last one :-)

So when I started making money with my business, it was just a frosting on the cake.

And the cake was so wonderful, because I didn't have to worry about safe daycare centers, reliable babysitters, colds and flu, etc.

So when I am low, like I was last week...I remembered these days.

You can always grow your business...But you can never replace the time you miss with your kids.

Anonymous said...

You both make good points and it's really why we all stay home and start a business. Before my little guy came along, I don't think I would have ever taken the plunge to start my own business and stayed with it.

Our kids help us look to the future and realize that we want to be home with them even in the years when they are old enough to be home by themselves. They'll want us to be there with them, and we'll want to be there when they need to talk.

Sometimes it's so much fun to think that we're doing it. We're staying home with our kids and building a business that will see our family through the growing years.