Friday, March 04, 2005

Masterminds think alike!!!!

Yesterday was the highlight of my week. I meet bi-weekly with a group of entrepreneurs at Border for coffee. This particular day I got there early and saw a former client waiting for someone, so we caught up for a few minutes. It was great to see him. It turned out he had a no show, and we invited him to join us. What a great turn of events. He has always had a great entrepreneurial mind.

Our group is made up of solo-prenuers who work out of their homes, share a challenge we are facing and then we brainstorm how to handle it. The meeting usually lasts about two hours and quite frankly it's just not enough time. I enjoy it so much. As the sparks fly, the ideas are fast and furious and the encouragement is amazing. Everyone walks away energized and ready to take their business to the next level. Even if we don't have a challenge we come ready to help and be filled up with the energy of the group. I left ready to face a new day.

I then went to a new Toastmaster's meeting. I really enjoyed it and was able to participate. The energy from the first meeting overflowed into the second. It was great.

Next it was time to put my mommy hat back on. I picked up my boys, played games and read books. Before I knew it dinner was upon us and it was bed time. The days just fly.

By night I was pretty tired. But I was still feeling ready for more. So I put on some training videos and soaked up our Sales Training. I feel so encouraged when I see the clients get it. You see the lights go on as they realize there is a new way to behave and it is not only effective, but fun and safe. Wow.

What a day.

2 comments:

Milana Leshinsky said...

It's funny, Lia, that whenever I mention the word "mastermind" in our group, people brush it off...

"Who, us? Masterminds? Nah..."

But the power of our brains pulled together is amazing! I love these meetings, and think YOU are an essential member of this group - you keep it really flowing!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have a support group to bounce ideas off of. In fact, I find it essential to the growth of my business. Our group provides a twist on networking. It is a mastermind group, and it allows us to help each other out whenever we're faced with challenges.

For those of us who are moms and have a business, life is quite different. We have a path that separates us from other moms. Our goal is typically to be there for our children while pursuing our own passions and finding the balance between the two things. I have found it invaluable to connect with those who have children and face the same challenges that I do in this area.

This blog is a great opportunity to provide this type of support to a much larger group of moms who are facing the same challenges we are and help each other out with ideas and sometimes a listening ear.